As a proven community advocate I am seeking your vote in the upcoming council elections. We must remove the rot of an arrogant council that has failed to listen to the community.
Maroondah Council must act to ensure that the community can restore its faith into the decisions the council makes. As such I will pledge to undertake the following:
Holding Council Accountable:
- I will organise regular public forums to hear your views
- I will provide councillor reports so you are kept informed
A better Maroondah where I will work to:
- Prevent excessive and unjustifed rate increases within our municipality
- Reject inappropriate development in our residential areas
- Improve the natural environment of Maroondah
- Advocate for better public transport in Maroondah
- Resolve local traffic concerns affecting our streets
- Ensure the best possible support services for our elderly
- Enable greater access for people with disabilities
- Provide local opportunities for our youth
Ringwood and Loughnan’s Hill need a councillor that has a proven record of standing up for the needs of the community – that candidate is Alex Makin.