The end of 2006 has marked my first year on Maroondah City Council. Over this time I have helped achieve a number of results for both the people of Loughnan’s Hill Ward but and the whole of Maroondah.
Some of these achievements include:
- Refining and passing Maroondah’s Integrated Transport Strategy to provide a whole of council focus on sustainable transport issues.
- The successful reinstatement of the Walking School Bus program.
- Strengthening Maroondah’s Illegal Graffiti Policy to provide additional resources to ensure a responsive approach to graffiti.
- Securing the abolition of zone three from both major political parties as part of the Eastern Transport Coalition.
- Responding and acting promptly on constituent concerns, including planning, pedestrian and traffic issues.
- Supporting the needs of all residents, including people with disabilities, through promoting projects such as the Maroondah Mobility Expo.
- Ongoing meetings with residents to directly hear feedback on council related issues.
- Ongoing lobbying and advocacy to ensure much needed public transport improvements for Maroondah.
- Advancing the revitalisation of Ringwood through the Ringwood Transit City project, including continued lobbying of the State Government for the redevelopment of Ringwood Station.
- Regularly attending community events and meetings.
I would like to thank everyone who had contacted me to raise a council related issue or to provide feedback. I look forward to further representing the people of Loughnan’s Hill Ward over the next twelve months.