The Ringwood Football Club has had a long association with Ringwood and was originally based at East Ringwood Reserve before relocating to Ringwood Reserve in 1930. Ringwood Reserve was donated to then Lillydale Shire Council by the Grant family in 1915 and is now occupied by Eastland Shopping Centre.
In 1959, Ringwood Football Club relocated to Jubilee Park, which was acquired by the Ringwood Council from the Sanders family in the 1940s. Following the development of Eastland, Jubilee Park was upgraded to become Ringwood’s premiere sporting precinct, providing a prominent home for the Ringwood Football Club and other sporting groups.
Today the Ringwood Football Club held a gala luncheon for life members, past players, supporters and members to commemorate the 50th anniversary of this move to Jubilee Park.
Ringwood Football Club is committed to strengthening its off-field and on-field performance and has established strong links with the community, including support for the Ringwood Spiders, which utilises the club’s training facilities and clubrooms.
This strong sense of community was evident at the gala luncheon and while Ringwood may have lost to South Croydon, there is much optimism for the club’s future.