The Eastern Transport Coalition’s Monster Petition was located within Maroondah for the past three weeks and is calling on the Government to commit to the following:
- A full and public feasibility study for a heavy rail line to Rowville,
- A full and public feasibility study for a heavy rail line to Doncaster,
- A greater commitment to the extension of the Metro rail tunnel from Domain to Caulfield,
- A full and public feasibility study for an increase in capacity on the Belgrave/Lilydale and Glen Waverley lines,
- Improved facilities for passengers, particularly at interchanges located in central activity districts – Ringwood, Dandenong and Box Hill,
- Fully accessible public transport facilities and vehicles
Each member council has the opportunity to host the Monster Petition and today marked the final day of petition being located within Maroondah. I was present at its handing over to the Shire of Yarra Ranges, who will be hosting the petition throughout December.
Copies of the petition will still be available at Ringwood and Croydon Libraries for Maroondah residents that may not have had an opportunity to sign the petition.
The petition will be presented to the State Government next year.