The Maroondah Partners in Community Wellbeing Committee meets on a quarterly basis to oversee the implementation of Maroondah’s Community Wellbeing Plan. The plan aims to improve the wellbeing of the Maroondah community through working in partnership with other organisations, many of which are represented on the committee.
Priority areas in the plan include:
- Promoting healthy minds and healthy choices
- Developing engaged and resilient communities
- Creating accessible and safe communities
- Promoting lifestyle opportunities that support health and wellbeing
- Targeting equity and social inclusion
- Achieving healthy and sustainable environments
Cr Ann Fraser and myself are the two Councillor representatives on the the Maroondah Partners in Community Wellbeing Committee and there is a newly formed Safety Committee which is represented by Cr Rob Steane. These two committees provide a collaborative approach to the health, safety and wellbeing of our community.