The Local Government Ministerial Forum includes presentations from several State Government Ministers on issues relevant to Local Government.
The forum is held over two days, with the first day including presentations from several Ministers including:
- Richard Wynne, the Minister for Local Government,
- Gavin Jennings, the Minister for the Environment,
- Justin Madden, the Minister for Planning,
- Lily D’Ambrosio, the Minister for Community Development and
- James Merlino, the Minister for Sports, Recreation and Youth Affairs.
The presentations included discussion in regard to the State Government’s priorities and the need for ongoing collaboration between Local and State Government.
The first day of the forum was useful in hearing how each Minister sees the role of Local Government and to meet each of them individually.