Stage Three water restrictions have taken effect for Metropolitan Melbourne from the 1st of January 2007. The following restrictions apply (source Yarra Valley Water):
- Even numbered properties can water on Saturday and Tuesday;
- Odd numbered properties can water on Sunday and Wednesday;
- Watering is not permitted on Monday, Thursday and Friday;
Where there is no number, the property is considered an even numbered address.
Lawns and Gardens:
- Lawns cannot be watered by residents, businesses and local councils.
- Spray sprinkler systems and spray watering systems cannot be used.
- Manual dripper systems that you turn on or off by hand can only be used between 6am-8am and 8pm-10pm.
- Automatic dripper systems that turn themselves on and off can only be used between midnight-4am.
- Hand-held hoses fitted with a trigger nozzle can be used between 6am-8am and 8pm-10pm to water gardens on specified days.
- Hand-held hoses or high pressure cleaning devices cannot be used for vehicle washing.
- A bucket filled from a tap can be used to clean windows, mirrors and lights.
- Commercial car washes can be used.
Pools and Spas:
- A new pool or spa cannot be filled.
- Existing pools or spas of less than 2,000 litres may be filled with a bucket filled directly from a tap.
- Existing pools or spas greater than 2,000 litres must not be filled except in accordance with a water conservation plan. (contact Yarra Valley Water for more information)
Stage three water restrictions apply to residents, businesses and councils alike. This means that unfortunately there will be an adverse impact on Maroondah’s sporting grounds and other facilities as we all strive to converse dwindling water supplies.
- For further details visit the Yarra Valley Water website.